Thursday, 17 April 2014

Families of MH370 passengers reveal unanswered questions’ list on social media, says CNN

A relative of a passenger aboard Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 gestures as he shouts at Malaysian representatives during a briefing at Lido Hotel in Beijing on Friday, April 11, 2014. Families of passengers aboard missing plane yesterday released a list of questions that they said authorities have so far left unanswered, as the search enters into day 41 without any sign of wreckage from the aircraft. – Reuters pic, April 17, 2014.
Families of passengers aboard missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 yesterday released a list of questions that they said authorities have so far left unanswered, as the search enters into day 41 without any sign of wreckage from the aircraft.

CNN reported that the 26 questions focus on technical issues involving emergency locator transmitters, or ELTs, and "black boxes." With an apparent in-depth understanding of how these work, the families ask about the specific technology on the missing plane.

The report said that the families' final seven questions involve "protocol," including this: What did Malaysia Airlines do when the flight went missing?

The families also ask whether search and rescue teams have final results from searched areas, and whether the Malaysian government could specify the rights of family members "to know the facts of cases or the details of an incident."

The questions were posted on China’s leading social media site Weibo by a committee in Beijing representing some of the passengers' families.

CNN said that some of the "questions" were requests that evidence be shared with them, including the flight's logbook and air traffic control audio.

Malaysia Airlines, for its part, told the news network that it shares all the information it had with appropriate authorities.

Up to ten military aircraft, two civil aircraft and 11 ships will assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The Joint Agency Coordination Centre in Perth said the Australian Maritime Safety Authority has planned a visual search area totalling approximately 40,349 square kilometres. The centre of the search areas lies approximately 2,170 kilometres north west of Perth. – April 17, 2014.

Copyright © Africa 24 News. All rights reserved. Distributed by Africa Metro Global Media (www.africametros.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

Africa 24 News publishes around multiple reports a day from more than 40 news organizations and over 100 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which Africa 24 News does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify Africa 24 News as the publisher are produced or commissioned by Africa 24 News. To address comments or complaints, Please Contact Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *